It’s an adventure not a race. The concept for the West Coast Fat Bike stems from a desire to reintroduce a sense of fun and adventure into the mountain bike community.
• 3 day adventure, overnight camp
• The Route is challenging, but not demanding
• No racing/timing
• Refuse bags will be supplied by Tuffy, we would love you to collect some rubbish while on the ride.
Entry fee of R2850 pp (SOLO entries only) and limited to 50 RIDERS ONLY
Please note this is not a team event but a group ride event and not a race. Relax, ride slow, enjoy the West Coast.
- Friday Dinner – Braai by Montys Spit Braai
- Saturday – Breakfast – Bacon/Egg rolls and Alpen Muesli – Lunch Carlucci’s Sandwiches – Dinner Spit Braai by Montys.
- Sunday Breakfast – Bacon/Egg rolls and Alpen Muesli – Lunch – Boerie Rolls
- Daily rest stop with drinks & snacks sponsored by andUnion Craft Beer
- All event transfers to and from Campsite
- Goodie Bag. We have some special surprises this year, if you have been to the previous events you will know how good the goodie bags are.
- Complimentary beers from andUnion
- Bike wash by Namgear
- Comfortable tent with mattress
- A VERY GOOD TIME.
Weekend Fat Bike Rental: R 1500.00 (Weekend) from Titan Racing Bikes – ONLY 10 BIKES AVAILABLE and must be booked through Entry Ninja
Family Camping and meals:
R 800 pp – Adults
R400 pp – kids
All booking details available on Entry Ninja
(PLEASE NOTE: THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE TENTS OR BEDDING)
Entries will be live by 16 April via Entry Ninja.
You need to bring
This is a self-supporting ride with no water points, there are 2 facilities with water available at streams along the route but water will be supplied if weather gets to0 hot.
If family Camping booked, please remember to bring your own tents and bedding, Tents and mattresses are only supplied to riders.
To make your weekend super comfortable we recommend to pack any camping gear to make your weekend lekker…
Camping chairs, sleeping bags, pillows, insect repellent tick spray, braai goods, costumes and don’t forget the Brandy…
There will be a beer stop to take in the view supplied by andUnion Craft Beer
Registration will take place at Ganzekraal from 4pm till 6.30pm on Friday afternoon.
Shuttles will take riders to the start at Silverstroom for a 10am start depending on tides.
We have two route options, direction will be decided on weather the day before.
Cars can be parked at Ganzekraal for the 2 days where the race village is set up.
After day 2 finish, shuttles will be available to get you back to your car at Ganzekraal.
We recommend you ride with:
- Hydration pack with at least 3 liters of fluid including bottles
- 4 x 25g CO2 cartridges
- Small pump
- Enough food
- Lube – Dry
- Repair kit
- Space blanket
- Warm Jacket
- Sun Block
- And a smile.
For any other queries about the event please drop us a mail:
email@example.com or call CHRIS 082 672 9351 / CRAIG 072 408 6351.